Leveraging the latest technology and best industry practices, CDS provides Distribution and Warehousing Management solutions that enhance distribution control and allow for operational flexibility leading to overall cost reduction and a decrease in inventory lag time.
Transportation Management Systems
Integration with transportation companies and services is critical to assuring accurate and timely replenishment and shipment activity for product. CDS systems offer many capabilities in this area, including:
- Advance Shipment Notifications – Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) provides for advance shipment notifications containing detailed order structure to streamline receiving and shipping activities
- Load Planning and Management – Both inbound and outbound orders can be grouped into trailer loads to accommodate delivery needs, and loads can be loaded and unloaded in particular ways to optimize trailer capacity and weight distribution
- Yard Management – CDS utilizes passive RFID technology to track trailer inventory in yards adjacent to the distribution center facility
- Transportation Management System Integration – CDS can use EDI to integrate with various transportation management systems or direct carrier systems to tender and re-tender loads and transmit and receive appointment times and statuses
- Carrier Notifications – Notifications can be sent via EDI or automated reporting directly to carriers containing shipment information
Warehouse Management Systems
CDS warehouse management systems (WMS) use radio frequency (RF) and bar code technology to track inventory at accuracy rates exceeding 99.99%. Both desktop and RF users have immediate access to all inventory activity.
- Product Storage and Configuration – Multiple attributes like dimension, weight, cube, configuration, and storage requirements are used by the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize storage
- Flexible Bar-Coding – Use of CDS or customer labels for precise tracking through the distribution center and beyond
- Hold Management – Extremely flexible hold systems can automatically handle incubation, shelf life, promotional or other types of holds
- Order Management – Matching specific product to specific customers, allocating product in a certain way, and triggering extra functions such as additional product labeling can all be handled by the WMS.